A little problem concerning egc

Hi there,

  I've been tried to port egcs and gcc2.8.1 for target MIPS
r3000.  However after code-generation comparison of the
two compiler for the same code, egcs tends to expand the
code size drastically.  If I used "-Os" as the optimization
directive, it generates not-so-optimized code (such as,
not loading a constant pointer to register).  Can anyone
tell me how to do with this situation?

ycyang.