Re: macro on assembler

> It is about macro function in 'asm.h' and 'crt0.s' in newlib
> package from cygnus. I want to make use of this startup code,
> but as I assemble it using GAS, it message me an error in all
> macro function IMM, SYM --> parse error, no function.
> I suspect that the macros in asm.h using a wrong directives,
> so that it wouldn't process as macro ...
> I found in 'asm.h' and 'crt0.s' some C preprocessor directives,
> like #define, #include, #if ....
> Hmm ... sounds to me that such kind of directives don't exist in GAS.
> Can somebody explain me what's wrong???

GAS doesn't know anything about macros, conditional assembly etc., as
it was developed only to assemble the stuff that comes out of a
compiler. If you want to use macros and the like, you'll need to preprocess
the file with 'gasp' (the GNU assembler preprocessor) and pipe the
output of gasp into gas:

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Juergen
Juergen Suessmaier
Texas Instruments Deutschland         EMail:
Automation Software Group             juergen@ti.com
Haggertystr 1                         juergen@jss01.ntakpe.com
D-85356 Freising, Germany             Juergen.Suessmaier@FernUni-Hagen.de

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.