Re: Linking in blocks of data

I forgot to bring up this point in my earlier reply.

From: Juergen Suessmaier <juergen@jss01.ntakpe.com>
>I'm not too sure if this could ever work. I never even thought of
>thinking about the ELF format (or COFF or whatever) [...]
>S records are just some sort of absolute hex-dumps and don't have
>any of these additional infos available. Thus there's no way back
>from S records to any of the relocatable output formats.

I'd buy that for ELF and COFF.  But I can't figure out why it complains
about converting srec to binary.  That should be straightforward.

But it turns out this is moot.  I found out that I need to twiddle with
the length count in the data in order to solve a communication problem
between my serial port and the FPGA; given that, I might as well do what
you and others have suggested and just generate a C file. Too bad.  The
other way really appealed to me for some reason.

Thanks anyway.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com