Re: Bulding a virgin egcs cross-compiler

> Then, when it got to libf2c (which I don't even want, but can't figure
> out how to get rid of), it decided that it needed crt0.o.  It was
> suggested that I change to the "one tree" build.  Since I had binutils
> built already, I just linked in the parts of newlib as shown in the
> crossgcc FAQ.  This seemed to work as far as building newlib (and
> finding headers), but it still failed for lack of crt0.o.

There is no cross-runtime support for fortran or I think objective-c.  Use

	make LANGUAGES="c c++" all install

At least this worked for egcs-1.0.x. Another approach is to delete the f77
and objc directories before the configure stage.

Cheers

Robin Kirkham			CSIRO Manufacturing Science and Technology
Project Engineer		Locked Bag 9, Preston 3072, Australia
robin.kirkham@cmst.csiro.au	Phone: +61 3 9662-7756  Fax: +61 3 9662-7853