RE: Developing 68332 system with gcc and gdb.

> There is a file called gdb-4.16-bdm-patches.tgz which includes patches
> for gdb-4.16 to operate via bdm. It includes schematics for a bdm
> interface. BUT: It will only work if gdb is able to upload the code
> via bdm. So you _need_ to have RAM properly connected to /CSBOOT if
> you want to avoid kludges like having an EPROM on /CSBOOT which
> set up things and jumt into RAM afterwards.

I'm not sure if you meant this exactly, but just to clarify:  You don't
have to use /CSBOOT with your RAM.  Just be sure to have a *.bdmmb macro
file that loads the appropriate CSOR and CSBAR registers so your
chip selects operate before the file is uploaded (that is what the *.bdmmb
file does - it runs before upload).

I have a 68333 and a 64Kx16 RAM chip and no FLASH/EPROM.  I use CS6,CS7,
and CS8 to access the RAM.

-tim