Re: Debugging info (was Re: gcc ieee format)

Yep!

ELF generally means DWARF debug info. Unfortunately only gcc and gdb
understand DWARF, therefore objcopy can only convert the symbols and gas
can not reverse anotate the listing with C code (which it does by
"understanding" the line number dbg info).

Cheers
Mark

Mark S. Phillips        ESN 742 2461
msp@nortel.co.uk        Tel. +44 1279 402461