CrossGCC E-Mail archives

Greetings CrossGCC'ers!

Permit me to introduce myself.  My name is Tyler Nally.  The reason I'm
writing you is because I'm the WWW archive person at Robert J. Brown III
WWW site http://www.elilabs.com.

Mr Brown archives several lists on that server of which I'm a member of
another list on the same machine.  Last April, I took over the archiver's
duties in an effort to create a mechanism whereby at the end of the month
a process would run (to determine if there is a new month) in order to
activate the next month for discussion.

Previously, when Mr Brown would find time, he'd edit all of the archives
and take out some of the new months posts from the last month and then
edit the index.html page to activate a new month, etc.  It took him quite
some time in some cases just to find enough amount of time to do this kind
of manual process.

Last April, I took over the task and started inventing a way for this to
work automagically.  Sometimes, I was so busy, I couldn't put more than a
couple of hours into the project in any one month.  Sometimes ... maybe
I'd get 10 hours into it.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the end-of-month rollover worked just
fine for the list I'm on and it's time to get the other lists up to speed
as well.  CrossGCC was the first list I'm converting over to the automagic
rollover mechanism.  I did that yesterday.  It took approximately 3.5 hours
to get it all right.  The biggest task was extracting the different months
of crossGCC mail into their separate months from different sources.  I think
I've got them all covered.

The task I ask of ya'll is this.  I realize this isn't a particularly
talkative bunch where there's 10, 20, or even 30 messages a day.  Maybe
at best there might be 2, 4, or 6 but never into the double digits.  The
month of February 98 had very few posts in it and I'd like to correct that
if someone has an incomming e-mailbox that they can ftp to the www server.
It'd be nice if there was just Feb98 e-mail, but if not, I can trim off
the months prior to it and the smidgen afterwards.

Anonymous ftp Feb98's e-mail to eli.elilabs.com.  If possible, when you
do this, please rename the archive with a "9802" in there somewhere so
that I can readily spot that it's Feb98's postings to crossGCC.  Maybe
crossgcc.9802.tar.gz would be just peachy.

Then after you get the archive put out there, please e-mail me here at
iquest.net [tnally@iquest.net] and I'll use it to replace what's currently
out there for Feb98.

The crossGCC WWW archive site can be browsed at:

               http://www.elilabs.com/xgccarc

Thank you very much.

Tyler Nally
Sr Programmer Analyst