RE: Troubles compiling GNU Binutils

If you get this to work, I'd love to hear about it.  I called and spoke
with someone at Cygnus about support, since I couldn't get the build to
work to save my life.  I learned two things in my conversation with
someone at Cygnus: (1) they aren't interested in supporting anything but
large development shops; and (2) you can't build the gcc toolchain using
the Cygwin32 tools.

I've switched to a FreeBSD box and have had no difficulty getting the
toolchain to build.  Make sure you install gnu make, since the berkeley
make that comes with FreeBSD won't correctly build the toolchain.

Cheers,

Brian