Re: gdb remote stubs

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Robert J. Brown wrote:

>     Joel> Does anyone have a remote stub for a PowerPC?

I have not found one of these either.  There is a free ROM monitor on
Motorola's 603 page called dink32 which is supported the new gdb
snapshots.

>     Joel> Similarly has anyone remotely debugged an application on a
>     Joel> pc clone using a COM port and have the glue code?
>
> Not yet, but if you find one, let me know, because a colleague will be
> trying to do this sometime next week on our project too.  BTW we are
> running Linux on the PC-clone.

So far no one has admitted to having one.  It is hard to believe but there
does not seem to be one out there.  :(

I was looking because there has been a "bare pc" BSP submitted for RTEMS
and I was hoping to have a standard gdb stub to include with it.  I can't
believe that the people developed it with as little debug support as he
had.