big cross-compiled binaries

I just finished building a solaris 2.5 -> sunos 4.1.3 cross-compiler.
Everything appears to be working correctly.  ie.  I can run the
cross-compiled binaries on my target machine (sunos 4.1.3).

The only problem left is that the cross-compiled binaries are anywhere
from 80K to 100K larger than the natively compiled sunos 4.1.3
binaries.

Is this normal?  If not, does anybody have any ideas?  I'm sure that
the cross-compiled binaries were stripped.  So that isn't it.

Here are the things I have done:

(1) I did not build cross-assemblers, cross-linkers, etc.  Instead I
    just used the sunos 4.1.3 versions of these executables because
    they all run on my solaris 2.5 box.

(2) I just copied all the libraries and includes from my sunos 4.1.3
    box into the appropriate places.  ie.  I am not using glibc or
    newlib.

(3) I must run ranlib on the final cross-compiled libraries because
    that is what sunos 4.1.3 expects.  The sunos 4.1.3 ranlib calls
    ar.  So I have made sure that the sunos 4.1.3 ar is first in my
    path when I call ranlib.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    ...Tyler