Linker script problem

	I am trying to place write a linker script that will place code
(assembly) at a fixed absolute location, in addition to normalrelocatable
code.  I tried putting it in a differently-named section (my target is
powerpc-eabi, incidentally), such as .section .vectors, and then
referencing that within my script.  ld would recognize it existed at the
right address and contained code, but would never output anything except
the data in the .text/.data/.bss sections.  Simply putting in an .org
statement won't work, because although it will include my code properly,
it also includes a load of padded zeros representing the difference in the
end of my normal code and the start of this fixed-location code (bloats
the file incredibly).

Anybody that can help with this one?

Larry Battraw
(larryb@-cicdphx.com)