Re: IEEE 695 support for MRI tools

>I would like to move over to gcc (for C++ support and so I use the same
>host compiler for sun/hp and target compilations).

>Currently I can produce IEEE files, but if the (sort of elf, m68k-psos
>binutils [*]) file contains STABS debug info, the resulting ieee file
>(after an objcopy) does not even load into XRAY (Error 0ED6 unknown record
>header).

>Has anyone managed to feed a gcc produced object file into XRAY (IEEE)
>with debug info?

Configure gcc for m68k-coff or m68k-elf.  Compile and link as usual to
produce a COFF or ELF file.  Then run
    objcopy -O ieee --debugging INPUT OUTPUT
where INPUT is the COFF or ELF file and OUTPUT is the IEEE file.
objcopy --debugging understands how to translate stabs debugging
information into IEEE debugging information.

Ian Taylor
ian@cygnus.com