Error compiling gcc-2.7.2.2

Hi!

I'm new to this list so apologies in advance if this has been asked
before.

I'm trying to build a cross compiler for a Motorola 68k target, host is
a Sun Solaris 2.5.1.

First problem - how do I specify the target ?  It's a "bare board"
machine, not running Unix or DOS, etc ?  So far I've been using
configure --target=m68k-sun, simply because it works (!).

Secondly, with the above configuration, I get a compilation error when I
run make LANGUAGES=c as follows:

runtime.h:31: stdio.h: No such file or directory
runtime.h:32: ctype.h: No such file or directory
In file included from runtime.h:38,
                 from hash.c:32:
../objc/objc-api.h:32: stdio.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [hash.o] Error 1
make: *** [libobjc.a] Error 2

Does the cross compiler require stdio, etc for the target machine ?  How
do I specify that the target machine is a "bare board" machine without a
terminal ?

Any help will be much appreciated !

Thanks,

   Brendan