Re: GNU compiler for 68360 and 820 cpus

> Well I'm currently in the process of trying to setup gcc for use with a
> 360. I can compile and link things, but have not checked they work.....
> The assembler (ie. gas) does have a 68360 option, which is treated as a
> CPU32 (not CPU32+), not sure what difference it makes.
> GCC does not appear to have a 360 option. I am trying to setup my gcc so
> it produces 68000 code and passes it to gas with a -m68360.

On our project, we are using GCC hosted on a Linux system for
a '360 target.  We use the -m68020 -nobitfield options, and haven't
had any problems.  I started a project to make the binaries
available since it is somewhat of a pain to build in the first place.

We've also ported uC/OS to our 360 board which is the Volcano from
Atlas computers (www.ace360.com).  It features dual T1s, ethernet,
RS232, simm for memory, flash, all for under a $1000.  We've
devloped some boot/monitor code which you can program into the first
sector of the flash to download SRECs, examine/modify memory, and
tftp binaries from the linux box if anyone is interested.

The next step is a full TCP/IP stack...  If anyone has ported one
to uC/OS, we would love to hear about it.

regards,
chris

--
Chris Whittenburg