Re: RTEMS-3.6.0 & Linux Stray Signal 11

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Anthony Enache Brown wrote:

> 	I've built the latest RTEMS release for Linux, and apart from some of
> the conflicting names for __open and __lseek, everything compiles
> without problems.  However, upon running the test files with runtest
> [file], all of the log files contain nothing but a "Stray signall 11".
> This seems suspicious to me.  Any suggestions as to what I am doing
> wrong?  BTW, I cannot run the test files by themselves, attempting to do
> so results in a seg fault.

Diffing the current source against 3.6.0, I don't see much beside the
change you noted (which is in the current source BTW).  This change
required changes to to general files and 1 bsp specific file.  For this
single BSP to work that required changes to the general files
c/src/lib/libc/libio.c and c/src/lib/libc/libio.h as well as to the bsp
specific file c/src/lib/libbsp/unix/posix/bspstart.c. Make sure you got
all of them.

This lets the tests link.  Unfortunately, there is still insidious name
conflict that results in a module being pulled from the system libraries
instead of the rtems ones.  In c/src/lib/libc/malloc.c, malloc_stats
should be renamed to rtems_malloc_stats.

As a sanity check, I installed 3.6.0 on my Redhat 4.0 box.  After making
the above changes, it works.

I hate to post the patch to a general mailing list but if anyone wants it,
let me know.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Sr. Computer Scientist
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985