Re: variation in the platform configuration for 'newlib'

Hi Doug

I want to port 'newlib' to a new variiation of a basic already supported
machine.

I am working with the 'StrongARM' in a bare board environment without any
debug monitor. The 'crt0.S' and 'syscalls.c' code assumes the presence
of the 'DEMON' debug monitor which is also used in the ARM simulator.
This code will not work on a bare board or on one using the newer
'ANGEL' debug monitor.

How can I make configurations for:

	arm-semi-aout		DEMON		(existing situation)
	arm-bare-aout		---		(bare board)
	arm-angel-aout		ANGEL		(new ANGEL debug monitor)

where the 'libc.a' and 'libm.a' are exactly the same but
the lowest level code 'crt0.S' and 'syscalls.c' are different ???

I would like to have all three available and selectively link
which environment is being targeted.

Cheers, DrGeorge