building 68k cross on Linux

Forgive me if this is a common question, but I couldn't find it in my own
archives, the ones on the net, or in the FAQ.

I've built binutils-2.7 on a Linux host for an m68k-unknown-aout target.
The only thing I had to change was the SIGEMT in cisco-core.c.  (Perhaps the
maintainers might consider #ifdef'ing that case.)

But when I tried to build gcc-2.7.2 with crossgcc-gcc-2.7.2.patch, I
get an error when xgcc is used to compile libgcc1.S.  It tries to invoke the
assembler with a "-c68020" flag.  Surely this is supposed to be a "-m68020"
flag.  Is there any easy fix?  I suppose if necessary I could replace the
assembler with a script that munges the option.

Cheers,
Eric