Re: PPC403GA / RTEMS / gcc

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997 DeanNelson@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-03-10 18:41:33 EST, joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil
> (Joel Sherrill <joel@merlin.gcs.redstone.army.mil>) writes:
>
> <<
>  For all who care, OAR and ACT will begin validating GNAT/RTEMS next week.
>  This marks the first validation effort for an embedded GNAT target. :)
>
>  - >>
>
> Great! For which targets?

The erc32 -- a sparc v7 with on-cpu peripherals.  It was designed by the
European Space Agency.  Think of it as the i386ex or 683xxx of the sparc
world.

The effort required to validate the next configuration varies
depending on the stability of gnat for the target CPU.  But the
larger cost factor was the initial R&D required to get gnat/rtems to
pass all the tests.

All tests currently pass and I am just in the process of getting things
ready for the validation authority's visit. :)

--joel