Re: Make

Hello John!

>I have noticed a problem with Gnu make.  If you are logged onto a machine
>that is using an NFS mount for the directory you are working in, the dates
>don't work right.  It complains about the date being in the future, thus
>causing make to fail.

This problem usually is caused by the two clocks (of the NFS-server
and the NFS-client) being out of sync. You can use rdate to sync the
clocks manually, or you can use the NTP-Protocol (e.g. xntp) to keep
the clocks in sync permanently. You also could try timed. I would
recommend installing xntp, as IMHO it is the best tool to get the
clock right. :-)

73, Mario

P.S. Of course you need root priviledges to change the clock.
--
Mario Klebsch, DG1AM, M.Klebsch@tu-bs.de		+49 531 / 391 - 7457
Institut fuer Robotik und Prozessinformatik der TU Braunschweig