Re: Make

John wrote:

> I have noticed a problem with Gnu make.  If you are logged onto a machine
> [...]
> the cross development tools (binutils, gcc, newlib).  Has anyone found a way
> around this on the remote machines?

I use make on NFS mounted filesystems every day, without this problem.

Here is the version I'm using:

$ make -v
GNU Make version 3.74-96q3, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Though, I've never seen the problem you mention. It sounds like your
NFS farm has time/date problems. It might be clock drift, could it be
mis-configured timezones ?

We keep the clocks sync'd with ntpd.

Hope this helps,
--
andyw@dgii.com

Andy Warner		Digi International		(612) 912-3237