Assembly, GCC and the linker

I have a few #define in a .h file that are needed by C, asm
and linker. Is there a way to do this without declaring them in
 3 files.

I tried to #include the .h file in the assembley file and feed it to
the c preprocessor. The output had the #include file data in it, so 'as'
choked.

What parameters should I pass to the preprocessor to get it to output
something that can be fed to AS?
 or How can I do the above step in 1 shot.

I am compiling in a dos box under NT and make (or NT) doesn't see  .S and
.s files as different, it treats both as assembler. Is this an issue?

I need to allocate a block of memory in the linker file.
The size of the block is a function of values declared in the .h
file but the location must be specified by the linker

Can I pass a value from a 'c' style #include file to the linker?