Re: CGEN_VERBOSE_ASSEMBLER_ERRORS

Dave Korn wrote:
Doug Evans wrote:
Anyone know of a reason why we shouldn't just nuke
CGEN_VERBOSE_ASSEMBLER_ERRORS and always have verbose error messages?

Might conceivably cause some minor perturbation in the gas testsuite for any target that doesn't currently define it and that has tests of error cases, but nothing that can't be easily fixed. Maybe it would be worth pinging the binutils list?

cheers,
DaveK

Hi.
I'm not worried about breaking the testsuites. Those things I can find and fix before checkin. I'm just wondering why it exists at all (basically). [Other than laziness of updating the testsuites when it was added. :-)]