Re: stop assuming cgen is scripted?

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Doug Evans <dje@sebabeach.org> writes:

One thing I would like to change in cgen is the assumption that it's
scripted. It originally didn't assume it was scripted. How much
resistance is there to removing this assumption?

Can you elaborate what this would entail in terms of code? We're unlikely to have strong opinions in this regard; hobbit support was only reluctantly removed because of interoperability problems with guile, IIRC.

But I think we're all just happy to see you back actively on the
project.

- FChE

This isn't the entire issue, but IWBN if when I have a combined app+cgen tree, (e.g. binutils+cgen) I can configure binutils and I get a Makefile in cgen so I can do, for example, "make info". [To be honest, to me it's more than WBN. I'd really like the top level configury support for cgen put back. Please pretty please?]

btw, one thing that depresses me is that the hobbit code is lost.
The sourceware repository was set up afterwards.
Any chance you can do me a favor and dig it up from some internal archive?