Re: opc-file-path

Steve Woloschek wrote:
Dave,

Thanks for the quick response! I will create a minimal opc file for now,
but your response has me puzzled. In the 2 CVS trees where I have
looked(cgen and sid) there are several cpu's without .opc files.
Specifically, arm, ia32, sh and I do not see the cris.cpu.
I am a little new to this so I must be doing something fundamentally
wrong... I would appreciate any light you can shed on my situation...
Sorry for the confusion. I was looking in $src/cpu and you're referring to $src/cgen/cpu. These separate directories exist due to licensing and copyright issues specific to the projects for which these ports were created.

You are right that some of the .cpu ports do not seems to have corresponding .opc files. It could be that the tools created by CGEN from these do not require it. The .opc file is used to generate elements the opcodes library for each port.

Dave