Re: Some CGEN problems

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> wrote:
> CGEN was designed for risc-like architectures, with few instruction
> sizes.  CISC architectures are difficult to incorporate.

I don't think it's that ...

Anyway, I think the following is simple enough that I'll just put it
in the public domain. It allows me to use perl in the .cpu file -
well, in the file that the .cpu file is generated from (or, for that
matter, in any other text file). One needs to escape characters that
are special in perl strings - mainly dollar.

Application looks as follows:

(... normal cgen stuff ...)
! for my $i (@list) {
!    for my $j (@otherlist) {
(... normal cgen stuff, with vatiables $i and $j ...)
!    }
! }
(... normal cgen stuff ...)

and then