Re: cgen 'gas-test' errors

Le vendredi 08 fÃvrier 2008 Ã 11:02 -0500, Dave Brolley a Ãcrit :

> >ERROR: In procedure string-append:
> >ERROR: Wrong type argument (expecting STRINGP): dpp0
> >No backtrace available.
> >make[1]: *** [gas-test] Error 1
> >
> >This is probably related to my version of guile (1.6 instead of 1.4)...
> >

> This generally happens when a newer version of guile does not
> automatically convert some type to a string where an older version of
> guile did. The fix is to find the offending code and insert an explicit
> conversion to string.

I did try to fix the offending code for a few hours, without success. My
knowledge of guile is way too limited. I'll let someone else do it.

Meanwhile I did install guile-1.4.1 and cgen works as it should. BTW, I
was quite surprised to see that installation of this quite old software
(May 2002) did succeed without problems on my recent GNU/Linux distro.

Thanks,

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>