RE: Gas error messages

> > I'm parsing an operand with a custom parser, e.g.:
> > [...]
> > And then in the .opc file:
> > Parse_my_parser(...)
> > [...]
>
> Are you sure this function in the .opc file is being used?
> Parsers are normally named "parse_*" instead of "Parse_*".

Sorry, I have to use Outlook for my email. It is most insistent that my
sentences begin with capital letters.
 :-)

The function is actually called "parse_byte_offset6" and is definitely
called.

> > However, when the error message is returned, instead of printing my
> > error message, as expected, gas spits out:
> > test.s:28: Error: unrecognized keyword/register name [...]
>
> It's hard to say definitively.  The error message could come
> from a prior operand, or a different problem.  It may be
> informative to inspect the opcodes/ generated files, put
> debugger breakpoints or printf's into the code, and running
> the test again.

I have added printfs and if I return anything other than NULL I get the
error above.
I'm using binutils 2.16.1 and cgen HEAD. I'll try with a newer binutils
and see if that changes anything.