Re: [patch][rfa] SID cpu tracing -- attempt #2

Approved by fche and committed.

Dave Brolley wrote:

Hi,

Reponding to Frank's concerns about my previous patch, here is an implementation along the lines he suggested. The idea is that each CGEN 'set' handler and each component which is the target of a store operation is responsible to annotating the cpu trace with the actual value stored, if desired. In order to accomplish this, two changes were necessary.

1) The tracing code generated by CGEN is now generated before the code for the semantic operation. That way any annotation appears after the original cpu trace.

2) basic_cpu now has a "trace" pin for use by other components. Each value driven on the pin will be echoed as a character into the cpu's trace_stream. This way annotation by other components are merged properly with the cpu trace whether it be to cout or to a file.

I've attached sid-trace-cgen.patch.txt which shows the CGEN changes and a partial diff of the resulting changes to xstormy16-sem.cxx. I've also attached sid-trace.patch.txt which shows the changes to basic_cpu.

Tested on an internal port which requirs this functionality.

OK to commit?

Dave