Re: guile 1.6.4 a bit faster?

Ben Elliston writes:
 > Doug Evans <dje@transmeta.com> writes:
 >
 > > While the explicit symbol/string conversions introduce some minimal
 > > slowness on the cgen side, guile 1.6.4 appears to be faster thus
 > > making up for it.  [or maybe the gcc that compiled 1.6.4 is much
 > > improved over the gcc that compiled 1.3 :-) guess I should verify
 > > that ...]
 >
 > So are you now getting over the demise of Hobbit? :-)

Oh, btw.
Any speed issues I treat as a Guile problem.
cgen would smoke on a Scheme implementation that did dynamic compilation.
[and of course there's my pie-in-the-sky dream of having that implementation
use cgen for the backend of its dynamic compilation engine]
Not that hard to do, maybe someday in my dreams.
[and as for the bootstrapping issue, I'd imagine the Scheme implementation
would have both a computed-goto based engine and a dc engine]