Re: exposed pipeline patch (long!)

dje wrote:

> I have big problems with this patch.
> [...]

> One must have compelling reasons for moving or putting application
> specific stuff into the non-application specific parts of cgen [...]
> Refering to APPLICATION in rtl-c.scm.  Blech.
>
>  > -(define-fn xop (estate options mode object) object)
>  > +(define-fn xop (estate options mode object)
>  > +  (let ((delayed (assoc '#:delay (estate-modifiers estate))))
>  > +    (if (and delayed
>  > +	     (equal? APPLICATION 'SID-SIMULATOR)
>  > +	     (operand? object))

I believe this was added with good intentions: because the "delay"
operator name was already in some token use for older sim ports, and
we did not want to break them.  The new delay operator actually does
something, and when/if sim-side support is added, this rtl-c hack can
go away.  IIRC, the old delay operator did nothing except signal that
an abstract delay slot exists for the instruction in whose RTL the
operator appears someplace.  If someone is genuinely fond of this
meaning, then I propose renaming it to something else.

- FChE