Re: Confusion: setup-semantics? PC not updated? Immediate operands?

Hi -

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:46:46PM +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> [...]
> arm.cpu was the first port to use setup-semantics and back then, we
> were doing early SID component development.  [...]

Odd - I thought that this setup-semantics stuff was just an
experimental stub, like a bunch of other cgen constructs.
Normally I would try getting this sort of work done outside
cgen, within the hand-written portion of instruction execution
loops.

As to the original question of who increments the PC, this
depends on several parameters: whether sid or sim family,
whether scache or pbb generated kernel.  AFAIK the
setup-semantics stuff is never actually *necessary*.

- FChE