This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the CGEN project.
Re: how to get started?
- To: hosemann at ifn dot et dot tu-dresden dot de (Michael Hosemann)
- Subject: Re: how to get started?
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 25 Jul 2001 11:35:24 -0400
- Cc: cgen at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Hosemann) writes:
: [...] i just began looking at cgen and intend to use it as a
: modelling tool for a digital signal processor.
Yes, that's a good use.
: [how to port opcodes?]
The canonical way is not to run cgen interactively. Rather, one would
proceed by cloning an existing cgen-based opcodes port, including the
opcodes/configure*, Makefile* parts that run cgen in batch mode.
: [...] faq wasnt exactly a whole lot of info either...
(Please feel free to record any questions and answers, as you come
across them while learning about the system.)