This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the CGEN project.
- To: dje at transmeta dot com (Doug Evans)
- Subject: Re: insn-word-bitsize
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 10 Jul 2001 12:15:32 -0400
- Cc: cgen at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200107092319.QAA19491.email@example.com>
: I wrote:
: >Ah. Then I don't have a problem with the patch _providing_
: >word[-_]bitsize is renamed (say insn[-_]word[-_]bitsize).
: btw, just so there's no misunderstanding,
: what I'm suggesting is adding insn-word-bitsize, not replacing word-bitsize
: with insn-word-bitsize (i.e. rename word-bitsize in your patch).
: Hmmm... I just grepped for it, insn-word-bitsize is already there!
Not quite - there is a "default-insn-word-bitsize", which sounds
tantalizing, but is already used for other things (bit numbering). I
would prefer not have to untangle now the web of relationships between
other parameters (that one, base-insn-bitsize, default-insn-bitsize,
and methinks some more friends).