This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the CGEN project.
Re: field-start and varying word sizes
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: field-start and varying word sizes
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 03 Jul 2001 17:24:06 -0400
- Cc: cgen at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200107032054.NAA01495.firstname.lastname@example.org>
: I can see why someone might try to write this, but it can't work. It
: needs to know, as well as lsb0?, the endianess of the CPU.
: In this case, the right thing to do is to just return
: (bitrange-start bitrange)
: 2001-07-03 Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>
: * ifield.scm (<ifield> 'field-start): Don't look at word-len.
Unfortunately this whole area of cgen (and the opcodes/ run-time) is
so messy that even an obvious looking change is untrustworthy. One
has to test a whole slew of different targets for confidence -- have
you done that?