Re: porting GNU development tools using CGEN

Doug Evans wrote:

>  > Since I have started porting the GNU development tools using CGEN
>  > I have decided to write a small document describing the steps that
>  > you have to go through to do this.  Could there be any public interest
>  > is a document of this type?
>
> This would be great!
>
> I'd suggest merging whatever you come up with with cgen/doc/porting.texi.
> [which is certainly in need of more writers]

It seems that cgen/doc/porting.texi is more meant as a reference manual
and not a howto.  The document that I started writing on is at a much
more
basic level and is a "this is the easiest and fastest way to get things
going"-document.  I don't see a clean merge here, so maybe it's better
keep them as two separate documents (referring to each other).

But maybe it's smarter to choose and example architecture that is
included
in the standard distribution of CGEN and GNU binutils.  The FR30 port
seems
to be very good documented.  Maybe we/I should use that as an example
instead of my own port?

--
Johan Rydberg, Net Insight AB, Sweden, +46-8-685 04 00

$ ON F$ERROR("LANGUAGE","ENGLISH","IN_MESSAGE").GT.F$ERROR("NORMAL") -
             THEN EXCUSE/OBJECT=ME