This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.30 release schedule?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 16:15:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.30 release schedule?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The 2.29 release was made at the end of July, so according the six months
> release cycle, the 2.30 release would be around the end of January 2018. Is
> this still the plan?
Yes, I believe it is.
I am still looking for volunteers interested in helping out with the release,
or taking over the management of it entirely. But in the meantime Patsy Franklin
and I are willing to step up and take on the 2.30 release. It will be out first
major release though, so please be patient with us. :-)
> I'm asking because I might be able to do a archive test
> rebuild with the new binutils around Christmas, and from my point of view the
> value of such a test rebuild is better when done around branching, or when done
> from a release branch. So are there any plans to continue with the six months
> release cycle?
The six month cycle also fits in nicely with Fedora, so that is a plus from my
point of view. So unless there are strong objections from someone I will endeavour
to ensure that January/July continues as the release months.