Re: RFA: ELF: Call check_relocs after opening all inputs

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 05:46:22PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> This patch results in glibc failing to build for microblaze, and libstdc++
> failing to build for tilegx / tilepro.  These are all BFD internal errors
> in the linker.  Those configurations all build OK with the previous
> binutils commit and fail with the commit of this patch.
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-testresults/2017-q4/msg00113.html

Thanks for reporting this bug.  I'm not surprised that this linker
patch causes regressions as it is a fairly major change, but I believe
that it is moving ld in the right direction.  The pain should be worth
the long term gain.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM