This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Is 64-bit PowerPC disabled on Cygwin Hosts?
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 09:28:53 -0500
- Subject: Is 64-bit PowerPC disabled on Cygwin Hosts?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The RTEMS PowerPC target just picked up 64-bit support.
The tools build fine on Linux and FreeBSD. But on Cygwin,
the as-new.exe reports that -a64 is an unknown option.
Investigating this, I can see some logic in
bfd/configure.ac around 820 that I think is related to
Looking at the config.log, I see wordsize is set to
32 when substituted but I don't see the messages from
AC_MSG_WARN() from the your compiler isn't good enough
paths. It looks like something is tripping the
logic to force 32-bit only targets.
Does anyone have any hints on what could be going on?