This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git tag for 2.29.1 release
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 09:54:25 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: git tag for 2.29.1 release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <B45B301E-4AFA-4428-B54A-A848799C6B1E@suse.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> > No, there appear to be many more changes in the tarball vs. The tag. Just diff yourselves.
> Hmmm, this might not be easy. Please could you try the tag
> "binutils-2_29_1.1". This should be closer to the release tarballs but
> it is still not perfect. I am not sure that I can get it any closer.
> (If you know how I can, then please tell me. I am not very good with
Yes, that works for me.
> I used a new tag name rather than moving the old one as this was the method recommended by the
> git tag help page. I did not want to risk breaking things for people who have already used the
> binutils-2_29_1 tag.
OTOH the old tag doesn't correspond to the release -- it misses fixes that
are in the release tarball, PR21441, PR22150, PR22048, PR22148 and
But it's of course up to you whether to move the tag or not.
Richard Biener <email@example.com>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)