This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git tag for 2.29.1 release
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 14:01:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: git tag for 2.29.1 release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx04.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx04.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=nickc at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 29CCF7EA96
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <B45B301E-4AFA-4428-B54A-A848799C6B1E@suse.de>
> No, there appear to be many more changes in the tarball vs. The tag. Just diff yourselves.
Hmmm, this might not be easy. Please could you try the tag "binutils-2_29_1.1". This should
be closer to the release tarballs but it is still not perfect. I am not sure that I can get
it any closer. (If you know how I can, then please tell me. I am not very good with git).
I used a new tag name rather than moving the old one as this was the method recommended by the
git tag help page. I did not want to risk breaking things for people who have already used the