This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/22220: Let plugin know that an indirect symbol is added
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 21:17:25 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/22220: Let plugin know that an indirect symbol is added
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170927224634.GA16695@gmail.com> <20170928081520.GA32175@gmail.com>
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 01:15:20AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 03:46:34PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > When an unversioned definition in a regular object overrides the default
> > versioned symbol in the shared object, we turn the default versioned
> > symbol into an indirect symbol so that the references in the shared
> > object are mapped to the definition in the regular object. When this
> > happens, we must call the plugin "notice" function to let it know that
> > an indirect symbol is added.
> > OK for master?
> Here is a simpler version. OK for master?
H.J., I had the bug assigned to me, and have already committed a fix
Australia Development Lab, IBM