This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: VLE load/store multiple instructions
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Alexander Fedotov <alfedotov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:30:03 +0930
- Subject: Re: VLE load/store multiple instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAN8C2CoDGGaHJa5=G-g_oe9hSX96Grk5_--uLfguDr7iZxxY4A@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:23:34PM +0300, Alexander Fedotov wrote:
> There is a bunch of New VLE Instructions for Improving Interrupt
> Handler Efficiency which are described in
> https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB696.pdf. And
> problem is that this document has 2 writings of multiple load
> e_ldmvgprw vs e_lmvgprw
> Also here is another document
> https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/e200z760RM.pdf which
> describes the same instructions but only e_lm*.
> In current PPC opcodes we have only e_ldm*. But it seems that a lot of
> developers uses e_lm* in their software and it fails with GAS. Other
> compilers also recognizes only e_lm*.
> What do you think about it ? Is it better to fix current names or add aliases ?
Either way is fine with me. It really depends on how many people
currently use the the e_ldm* versions. You know your users better
than I do.
Australia Development Lab, IBM