This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gold: Add --no-relax option
- From: James Clarke <jrtc27 at jrtc27 dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 21:49:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gold: Add --no-relax option
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAJimCsH_zQYwpSZpqSH_HGdueSytLnmGfpaKiHtA37gd9Z7qGw@mail.gmail.com> <9E0FECA7-BA19-4AAD-9234-8780C812A2DB@jrtc27.com>
> On 30 Aug 2017, at 22:40, James Clarke <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 4 Aug 2017, at 06:45, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> * options.h (General_options): Set a non-NULL second help string
>>> argument for relax to allow --no-relax.
>> This is OK. I've applied it on your behalf.
> Hi Cary,
> I just noticed this isn't on the 2.29 branch; is there any chance it could be
> backported, please?
Ping? This is breaking GHC on sparc64, which does relocatable links and thus
needs to give -no-relax (and upstream have defaulted to using gold now).