This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.29.1 release snapshot available
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:21:22 +0930
- Subject: Re: 2.29.1 release snapshot available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 04:14:21PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> - powerpc:
> Running /«PKGBUILDDIR»/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/shared.exp ...
> FAIL: Run with pr11138-2.c libpr11138-1.so
> FAIL: Run with libpr11138-1.so pr11138-2.c
> Running /«PKGBUILDDIR»/ld/testsuite/ld-gc/gc.exp ...
> FAIL: Check --gc-section
> FAIL: Check --gc-section/-q
> FAIL: Check --gc-section/-r/-e
> FAIL: Check --gc-section/-r/-u
> Running /«PKGBUILDDIR»/ld/testsuite/ld-shared/shared.exp ...
> XPASS: shared (non PIC, load offset)
Hmm, my results on powerpc-linux are clean, except for a couple of
Nick, there was a serious problem with the pr21441 patch series. It
triggered the dreaded "stubs don't match calculated size" on powerpc64
again. I've fixed that now with commit 910201669. I also thought
you'd missed part of the patch series so reverted your patch and
applied the components separately. It turns out I was wrong, your
backport was fine, but I'd hit "git push" before I discovered that..
Australia Development Lab, IBM