This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- From: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Bharathi Seshadri (bseshadr)" <bseshadr at cisco dot com>, "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:55:46 +0530
- Subject: Re: [Patch][Gold] BE8 for ARM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Any comments or good to commit ?
On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Umesh Kalappa <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Cary and everyone,
> Arm/thumb stubs support was missed in the be8 mode with the previous
> patch, hence adding the same with the unit cases.
> No Regress on gold test-suites.
> Please do needful by committing the same.
> Thank you
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> Please find attached the BE8 patch that includes support for thumb as well.
>>> I tested it on a hello world and bzip2 example for both arm and thumb besides a large arm application (size ~120MB).
>>> No regressions with the gold test-suite for arm.
>>> 2016-08-15 Bharathi Seshadri <email@example.com>
>>> * options.h (General_options): Add --be8 option.
>>> * arm.cc (Arm_relobj::do_relocate_sections): Add code to swap for be8.
>>> (Output_data_plt_arm_standard::do_fill_first_plt_entry): Likewise.
>>> (Output_data_plt_arm_short::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
>>> (Output_data_plt_arm_long::do_fill_plt_entry): Likewise.
>>> (Target_arm::do_adjust_elf_header): Do EF_ARM_BE8 adjustment.
>> Committed. Thanks!