This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
gas support for AIX visibility
- From: Ådne Hovda <ahovda at openit dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:44:51 +0200
- Subject: gas support for AIX visibility
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I ran into this error building my AIX 5.3 cross-compiler (since gcc 7)
during the libgcc stage:
/tmp/ccm6OmNp.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccm6OmNp.s:445: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized
character is `,'
gas does not like this line, it has an extra field:
From the xlC docs:
Listing 14. Syntax for specifying visibility attribute in assembly
.extern Name [ , Visibility ]
.globl Name [ , Visibility ]
.weak Name [ , Visibility ]
.comm Name, Expression [, Number [, Visibility ] ]
Just a heads up, I have no idea how and if this should be fixed and I
can still use my existing toolchain.