This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Remove .eh_frame zero terminators
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 04:26:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: Remove .eh_frame zero terminators
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170831103549.GH28143@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:35 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> The machinery to do this was there, but not enabled if the terminator
> was the only thing in the section.
> We should have seen quite a lot of exception handling failures due to
> ld's nasty LTO support. It has the habit of adding object files
> extracted from archives after crtend.o, the file that has the
> .eh_frame terminator. The saving grace is that with --eh-frame-hdr
> there doesn't need to be a scan of section contents (which would
> terminate on hitting the terminator) for an FDE covering a given
What will happen with -static -flto? --eh-frame-hdr isn't used with -static.