This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
building gold from release tarball requires bison?
- From: Benjamin Peterson <bp at benjamin dot pe>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 17:07:41 -0700
- Subject: building gold from release tarball requires bison?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
At least the binutils-2.29 tarball, the generated parser for
gold/yyscript.y is not included, so building gold requires bison. Since
other bison parsers (e.g., binutils/defparser.c) seem to be generated
into the release tarball, am I correct in assuming this is an oversight
in the release process? gold/README does promise "If you are building
gold from an official binutils release,
the bison output should already be included."