This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/4][MSP430] Improve behaviour of ".either" section placement
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jozef Lawrynowicz <jozef dot l at somniumtech dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:20:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4][MSP430] Improve behaviour of ".either" section placement
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx02.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx02.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=nickc at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com CD980883B8
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Thanks for the reply Nick, and apologies for the delay in replying. I've
> updated the patches with your advice. It was a good point about filling
> the lower region as much as possible, even when upper is not
> overflowing, so have made that change as well.
> The updated patches are attached.
> I will be posting an accompanying patch to gcc-patches which propagates
> the -mcode/data-region options to the assembler and linker, which is
> necessary to actually make this new functionality useful.
Thanks for the revised patch - this time it looks good, so I have gone
ahead and checked it in.