Re: how to separate libopcode library from binutils

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM, 慕冬亮 <mudongliangabcd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to separate the library libopcode from
> binutils and maintain it in another repo. Or the libopcode source code
> is maintained in one repo that I don't know.
>
> It is not essential to compile the whole binutils package when you
> need libopcode. So is there easy solution for this problem?

If you look in binutils/opcodes you will find a configure script.
Running this script will produce a Makefile, and you can use that
Makefile to build only libopcodes. You can copy binutils/opcodes out
of the binutils project directory or you can create an out-of-tree
directory to build libopcodes in (create the directory, then run
libopcode's configure script when inside of that directory).

I suspect libopcodes exists within the binutils project because
development is very closely linked. Indeed, a bunch of related
programs are in binutils because they are all developed at more or
less the same time.

R0b0t1.